The Faculty of Global Studies initiated the first Russian study of global processes. The Faculty was established in 2005 on the initiative of Rector of Lomonosov Moscow State University Academician Victor Sadovnichy.
Our Faculty is internationally recognized by the professional community. It is a member of the International Consortium of Universities “Global Studies Consortium” which provides students with great opportunities to study abroad under the exchange programs.
The educational process at the Faculty of Global Studies is based on the best academic traditions of the Moscow State University coupled with innovative educational technologies.
Our graduates have all the professional competences that are necessary in the 21st century for a specialist in international relations. They are creative, open-minded and fluent in several foreign languages.
Dean of the Faculty of Global Studies,
Professor Ilya V. Ilyin
The Faculty of Global Studies prepares highly qualified specialists in international relations and global studies, combining broad theoretical training and multicultural education, capable of carrying out comprehensive analysis and developing approaches to the effective management of modern global processes.
General information for foreign students on LMSU official site is available here
Field of study – “International Relations”
Bachelor’s degree programs (in Russian) – 4 years
- Global Political Processes and Diplomacy
- Global Economy and Management
- Global Energy and International Business
- International Humanitarian Cooperation
For bachelor’s degree programs foreign applicants have to pass the following entrance exams:
— Russian as a Foreign Language
— History of Russia
Keep for updates!
For Bachelor’s degree programs in 2021-22: 411 070 Russian Rouble.
Master’s degree programs (in Russian) – 2 years
- Global Political Processes and Diplomacy (for Bachelors in International Relations)
- Global Economy and Management (for Bachelors in International Relations)
- Global Energy and International Business (for Bachelors in International Relations)
- Global Political Processes
- Global Economic Processes
- International Educational Cooperation in the Context of Globalization
- Management of Social Transformations
- International Law, Financial Monitoring and Security
Master’s degree program (in English) – 2 years
For Master’s degree programs foreign applicants have to pass the following entrance exams:
— International Relations
Keep for updates!
The submission period is from 15 June till 20 July.
For Master’s degree programs in 2021-22: 418 470 Russian Rouble.
Foreign applicants have to submit the following documents online:
- filled application form available online
- an identity document of the applicant: you are to upload a valid identity card which you are planning to use while crossing the border of the Russian Federation;
- your previous Russian visas (but only if you previously received them);
- a document on education and transcripts: you are to upload a document on the received education with a transcript or transcripts (indicating the subjects passed and the grades received). If you have a European Diploma Supplement, be sure to upload its scan to the system too;
- an official digital photo in full face.
Remember that all documents in a foreign language must be translated into the Russian language and notarized! Translations of documents must be completed in full, including all pages, page turns, all stamps, seals, emblems, etc.
Please make sure that your name is spelled the same on all your documents, as well as on all notarized translations! If there is a discrepancy in the name in the documents as well as in the notarized translations of your documents, you will have to further verify your identity at the Embassy of your country.
If at the time of filing a request for recognition and application, you completed your studies, but have not yet received documents on your education, you need to submit a letter from your school or university about the successful completion of education program and the approximate timeframe for your receipt of official documents on graduation. If the specified letter is not in Russian, then a translation of the letter into Russian, certified by a notary, is also required.
Notarized translations can be made in the country of your residence. However, if necessary, at the request of the Admission Board, it might be necessary to provide a new translation of the document, notarized by a Russian notary or at the consulate of the Russian Federation.
Please note that depending on the country of issue of the documents on education, a legalization procedure may be required. This could be:
1) apostille, i.e. simplified procedure for legalization. The «apostille» stamp is carried out by the competent authorized bodies of the country of issue of the document (for example, the Department of Education, the Ministry of Education) and affixed on the original document or on a separate sheet attached to the document.
2) consular legalization, i.e. two-stage legalization of the document by the competent foreign affairs bodies of the country of issue of the document (for example, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and its certification by the consular services of the Russian Federation in the country of issue of the document.
Remember that all stamps in a foreign language must be translated into Russian and notarized!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
WhatsApp: +7 (929) 932-45-06